
Riding home on Tuesday it was thundering and raining again. Stopping by the road as the rain let off, to film some foam in the gutter, I happened to turn around and saw a magnificent rainbow arching over the tracks. Strangely, almost at that moment I got a txt from Lisa, telling me that at the same moment she was riding my bike in Melbourne, seeing a rainbow... What are the chances? There had to be exactly the right conditions at exactly the points at which we were both standing in both cites.
...
The map for the day, drawn in parts, at home, in a public library and in the studio.
I thought, this time, I really should post them away as well...




4 comments:
yes our simultaneous sightings were quite something. And it looks like we both saw very full ones too... I could see the whole thing arching over Albion st. So great to follow your movements as the city unravels for you. X
Rainbow
At the very moment
when she was looking
at a rainbow, she received
a text from a friend, far, far away,
who was looking at her very own rainbow.
Simultaneous
yet, spatial boundaries,
here, there, everywhere
had evaporated.
It first felt like I was an eavesdropper
but then I found myself very glad
to be sharing the moment
when two friend, cities apart
gazed at a rainbowed sky.
I’m 70 and came late and cautiously to the internet but am beginning to get the idea.
Thank you, Diana, for your wonderful poem. It's so nice that this moment has inspired you too.
hello Diana, I was likewise touched by your poem. A wonderful thing has become even more so. Welcome to the interweb! It has its pleasures... Lisa
Post a Comment